Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Look #9 Roller Derby Chic

My friend asked me to do her make-up for her roller derby pictures.  Here is the look.  I used e.l.f. 100 eyeshadow palette and Urban Decay's 15-year Anniversary palette.
First I blended UD "Vanilla" and an e.l.f. shimmery white all over the lid to the eyebrow.  Next I blended UD "Blackout" in the outer corner between the lid and the brow bone.  Using a pencil brush, I then put e.l.f. red in the crease.  With a fluffy brush, I blended a shimmery e.l.f. grey above the red and into "Blackout".  "Blackout" is really pigmented so I had to really work to blend it.  To accentuate the lid, I blended a matte white from the e.l.f. palette carefully smoothing out the lines from the red.  Finally, I used UD "Vanilla" again to highlight the brow bones.  I used UD "Perversion" from the 15-year Anniversary eyeliner set on the upper and lower lashlines.  (I have to admit that she did the waterline, because I'm really worried about poking people in the eye.)

For her cheeks, I used an e.l.f. bronzer from the Orgasm "dupe" duo and Hot Topic red.  I used the bronzer below the cheek bones and then used a stipple brush to apply the red--blending more than anything, really.

Finally, and my favorite, are the lips....I lined the lips with UD "Gash" and used NYX "Amersterdam" on her lips.  I love this color.  It stays in place and last a loooooooooooong time.  The color pops and your lips stay really smooth.

And while typing this I realize that we forgot mascara, so I'm hoping another derby girl has some she can mooch!   

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! I loved it! I will give you the finished pictures to post when we get them.

    ReplyDelete